We've provided some storage tips to assist you when deciding how to best use your storage space.
- Use boxes uniform in size because they stack easier.
- Store items used often in front.
- Leave walkways in-between boxes for easy access.
- Store rakes, shovels, hoes, etc. in an empty trash can.
- Mark boxes on all four sides.
- Stack things on pallets to protect them from normal moisture from cement floor.
- Break down any item that can be broken down to save space.
- Leave refrigerator door slightly open to prevent mildew.
- Sofas can be stored on end, with a protective cover under it, to save floor space.
- To cut down on damage from dust, wrap electronics and furniture in furniture pads or blankets.
- Make sure refrigerators, freezers, stoves, and other cooking equipment are thoroughly cleaned before storing so it would not attract pest and rodents to your unit and the rest of the facility.
- Check your storage unit at least once a month.